Thursday 31 December 2009

Kicking 2009 in to touch .....

Well that was that eh .... another year done and dusted.

I don't understand all of this optimism that suddenly seems to spring out of nowhere, come December 31st ??

Yep... on the whole, 2009 has been yet another difficult year, both financially and emotionally, but hey... I'm still here... still breathing and functioning.... as are we all.

I am (as is everybody else), hoping for a much better run of things during 2010. If only it was as simple as rebooting and starting over with no crappy hangover, but it's not is it.

Another year of robbing Peter to pay Paul beckons... another year of wishing I had the time and energy to get the jobs done to the house, that REALLY do need attention.... another year of feeling inadequate for various reasons.... another start to the year with a (possible) court case revolving around a paedophile hanging over my head... hey ho.... here we go again eh.

I'm not saying that I'm not going to attempt to make changes in my life.... in fact, the exact opposite is true. I'm just not going to be daft enough to implement everything by tomorrow morning.

I won't use the word 'diet' any more, but I shall endeavour to change my eating habits and that of the kids. Eat more fresh fruit and veg... yadda yadda yadda.... hopefully some weight loss will occur naturally.

I AM going to stop smoking again.... I did it for about a year and a half last time, I CAN do it again. I know where the pit falls are this time too... the pit falls that lead me to start smoking again, that is. As soon as the doctor's surgery is back open, I am making an appointment with a smoking cessation bod, and use all the help that is on offer.

And then there's my business... Tackling the latter half of 2009 minus any anti-depressants has been so very difficult. The business has suffered. I am feeling better than I was back in the autumn... a lot better, so now it's time to start focussing on the business again. I had a great few weeks in the run up to Christmas, and I really need to keep the momentum going now.
I do intend to look at diversifying a little too.... quite how, I'm not sure yet, but I know that I want to spread my energies a little further than just glass... maybe I'll pick up with the textile stuff again and see what I can make from that... who knows ???

This blog doesn't sound like I am very happy, does it ? But rest assured I am... but that happiness is tempered with the knowledge that 2010 is going to be a VERY challenging year if I am to accomplish even half of what I want to.

And last, but by no means least, I do have to give a special mention to a very special guy. His outlook on life and the support he's given me over the last couple of months have been amazing.
He has made such a difference to my life in a very short space of time... so thank you xXx

And my friends.... where would I have been over the last 12 months if it wasn't for you guys propping me up ? I dread to think sometimes.... so again... thank you.

Maybe I'll get around to blogging again sometime soon, and maybe I won't.... those of you who do read this blog will know just how inconsistent I can be... the least I can do is try :O)

So here's to yet another year.... more highs... more lows.... no doubt more stresses too, but hey... I suppose the trick is to alter the way we view these things, and ultimately how we deal with them eh.

Signing off for the last time in 2009.... lets see what 2010 has to offer.... bring it on !

No comments: