Thursday 7 August 2008

Experiments in felt....

Hey... I had a thought whilst I was messing with some wool earlier, and thought I'd take a few pics to show anyone who may be interested, just how simple wet felting can be... well the basic stuff, anyway... LOL... so here goes....

pic. 1 ... raw materials... dyed merrino fleece

Photobucket



Pic 2. ... cut and split into the required sized pieces...

Photobucket



Pic. 3. ... My scrotty but yummy smelling lush honey soap

Photobucket



Pic. 4 .... Wet the small bundle of fleece, wet it with hand hot water, add a little soap, and roll it between your palms ... like a small sausagey type thing... rinse once done.

Photobucket

Pic. 5 ... Ta daaa !!! Small spikey felty things...

Photobucket

You'll have to wait n see what I make with them though.... they're still drying out in the window sill...

So there you have it.... hope you are still awake... hehe ... speak soon xx

No comments: